UC Berkeley Library. You are able to nevertheless access the UC Berkeley LibraryвЂ™s solutions and resources through the closing
Fines and charges
Consult the fines web web page to learn more about collection fines, fees, overdues, lost and damaged product, payment, obstructs and replacements.
Seek out lacking things
Search needs for materials not on the shelf rather than tested might be put at any blood circulation desk. Borrowers is likely to be notified by e-mail when search needs have now been found.
Recall checked-out products
Library cardholders with borrowing privileges may remember things examined by another debtor by logging directly into My OskiCat.
- You shall be notified by e-mail if the product is present to be found.
- Recalled products is available within 1 week, and put on hold during the location of the option.
- If multiple individual has recalled something, they’ll be managed when you look at the purchase the recalls had been put.
- If a product you’ve got checked out is recalled, you must get back it by the brand brand brand new deadline.
Current email address updates
- Clients get all hold pickup, recall, overdue, bill, and search notices via e-mail.
- UCB faculty, staff and pupils: improve your email when you look at the CalNet Directory. Changes manufactured in OskiCat are overwritten by CalNet updates.
- Non-UCB collection cardholders (those without CalNet IDs): improve your current email address in my own OskiCat.
Borrow a laptop computer along with other gadgets from the Library
The Library has MacBook Air laptops 13вЂќ (some laptop computers run Windows and some laptops operate OSX) designed for temporary and extensive checkout. To get more details, start to see the laptop financing FAQs in addition to Equipment lending LibGuide.
Fee-based document distribution
- BAKER is just a fee-based document retrieval and distribution solution open to UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and graduate pupils. BAKER also offers a unique contract with Lawrence Berkeley nationwide Laboratory, and offers free solutions to UC Berkeley pupils by having a printing impairment who’ve been pre-authorized by the Disabled pupilsвЂ™ Program (DSP).
- Duplication Services provides fee-based access through reproductions of many different materials in the UC Berkeley library collections with other organizations, businesses and also the public that is general.
Interlibrary Lending/Interlibrary Borrowing (ILL)
- Interlibrary Lending provides usage of the product holdings associated with UC Berkeley Libraries to institutional borrowers in the usa, Canada, as well as the Uk Library.
- Duplication services can be obtained to organizations, businesses, while the public that is general.
- Unique Library Access provider (SLA) provides access that is fee-based the sourced elements of the UC Berkeley Libraries to libraries, information facilities, corporations, along with other businesses on a customer foundation.
- Interlibrary Borrowing provides UC Berkeley pupils, faculty and staff usage of materials maybe perhaps not offered by UC Berkeley.
To allow OskiCat to keep in mind your checkouts for you personally, please follow these instructions. Take note, that in the event that you usually do not decide in your history shall never be conserved.
- Within my OskiCat, discover the switch labeled My Reading History during the end associated with line of buttons off to the right of one’s title.
- In the event that you find the My Reading History button, youвЂ™ll get to a screen that is new also offers your title as well as other information into the top left, but that has a key labeled Opt In. Below this is the phrase History that is no reading Available.
- Press the Opt In switch and it surely will alter instantly in to a comparable key labeled Opt Out with a red X.
- You have got now fired up the Patron History functionality and OskiCat will keep in mind your checkouts.
- The the next time you check something out, an entry will likely be conserved featuring a hyperlink to your product record, the author(s), therefore the checkout date.
You shall also find four buttons:
- Delete selected: look at the field into the left for the product.
- Delete all
- Opt out: In purchase to decide down, you must first delete all of your entries. Deleting the entries can’t be undone. By deleting your entries and opting away, you shall efficiently erase all traces of the checkouts through the system.
- Export list: You’re going to be provided for an user interface where you could, among other actions, send your history (via e-mail) in several platforms, including Pro-Cite and End-Note/RefWorks.
- RefWorks can be obtained to UCB pupils, staff, and faculty without price. This amazing site can help keep your reading history and re-format into numerous scholastic platforms, including APA, MLA, and Chicago Style.
- Borrowers are responsible for library materials charged off to them until these are typically gone back to your financing collection.
- Borrowers are forbidden by Library policy from lending their library card to others.
- UC Berkeley pupils, faculty and staff have the effect of keeping an email that is current when you look at the CalNet Directory.
- Library cardholders have the effect of keeping a present email during my OskiCat
- All borrowers have the effect of having a present street address on file using the Privileges Desk. Clients who would like to utilize a PO box target may also need certainly to give an address that is physical be placed in their collection account.
Borrowers whom abuse library borrowing privileges might have their privileges suspended through the Library. Types of abuse of library borrowing privileges consist of over and over over over and over over and over over and over repeatedly perhaps maybe maybe maybe not going back materials on time, perhaps not replacement that is paying, perhaps perhaps perhaps perhaps perhaps not giving an answer to remember notices, maybe maybe perhaps perhaps maybe not returning collection materials even with replacement bills have already been released, and mutilation or damage of collection materials.